BET Soul Train Awards
Masce created motion graphics for the live music performances at the BET Soul Train Awards. Key artist performances included Missy Elliot, Da Brat, Lil Kim, Ma$e, Doug E Fresh, Jodeci, Nico & Vinz, Kem, We are Toonz, and Tinashe.
BET Soul Train Awards 2014
Masce was asked to create over 30 original animations to be played back during the live performances at the BET Soul Train Awards. Kool and the Gang was the 2014 honoree. Key artist performances included Missy Elliot, Da Brat, Lil Kim, Ma$e, Doug E Fresh, Jodeci, Nico & Vinz, Kem, We are Toonz, and Tinashe. Part of our process was to motion track the movements of dancers using green screen to transform their dance sequences into animated silhouettes, which were then layered with our other motion graphic designs.
- Client: BET
- Set Design & Production: Atomic Design
- Creative Director, Designer, Animator, Director of Photography: Dejha Ti
- Screens producer & Production designer: Tom McPhillips
- Motion Designer, Animator: Kipp Jarden
- Animators: Ted Devlin, Joe Seitfert, Peter Brodhead
- Designer & Producer: Rucyl Mills
- Dancers: Will Robinson, Chelsea Prunty
- Gaffer: Brennan Kelly
- Video Playback: Control Freak